Vegetarian food leaves a deep impression on our nature. If the whole world adopts vegetarianism, it can change the destiny of humankind.” – Albert Einstein
India is one of the most vegetarian-friendly nations in the world. Various cultural cuisines have long been practised in this area, emphasising fresh produce, herbs, and spices.
Indian cuisine is now preferred by vegetarians and vegans from all over the world. It is undoubtedly one of the cuisines with the most vegetarian-friendly alternatives and the most widely consumed. It offers delectable substitutes composed of paneer cheese and chickpeas in a unique cooking method that may make vegetables taste exceptionally great.
Here are the top 5 Indian restaurant dishes that everyone loves to order:
- Daal Tarka: A standard north Indian meal known as Dal Tadka (also known as Tarka Daal or Dal Fry) is prepared using chickpeas (chana dal) and other dried split pulses with a mixture of savory spices. The spice is infused in oil and then poured over the dal. This process is known as Tarka or tadka.
- Malai Kofta: Malai Kofta, the meatball of the vegetarian world, mixes well with basmati rice and naan bread. Malai Kofta is often served on special occasions, although many Indian restaurants worldwide prepare it with a thick, creamy tomato-based sauce. Round balls made of potatoes, a combination of veggies, paneer cheese, whipped cream, and spices are then filled with chopped nuts with raisins. The mouthwatering gravy is then served with the deep-fried koftas. If you are looking for the best place to try this dish for the first time, Banjara has you covered with the greatest Malai kofta, cooked with rich cream and authentically flavorful tomato sauce.
- Palak Paneer: Palak Paneer, also known as Saag Paneer, is a hugely popular vegetarian dish from North India. It includes spinach and pieces of paneer, an Indian farmers’ cheese. Along with the blocks of paneer cheese, pureed spinach is cooked with fenugreek leaves, onions, garlic, tomato, and several Indian spices. A filling dish that will satisfy your taste buds!
- Daal Makni: A favorite Punjabi and Northern Indian dish is dal makhani. All around the nation, lentils are very well-liked, but Dall Makhani is cooked with black lentils and beans. It is sautéed with spices, onions, ginger, garlic, and butter before being topped with cream. Usually, roti and naan, mainly two Indian flatbreads, are the most delicate accompaniments for this dish.
- Amritsari Chole: In India, Amritsari Chole, an authentic Punjabi cuisine, would give the city’s streets some flavor.
India is the centre for most of the South Asian flavours. With so many vegetarian alternatives, it will be a beautiful experience if you get a chance to taste all the different spices and flavours. These vegetable dishes are becoming the go-to comfort foods for many as they are ingrained in our daily lives.
Are you a foreign resident who longs for home all the time? Or perhaps you’ve always been curious about Indian cuisine and are looking for that authenticity abroad? We at Bajara Restaurant in Virginia, US, have the best vegetarian Indian dishes, and the spices and flavours are authentic so that we can spare you from such misery.